Martin Luther King Jr Park
The Parks Commission purchased the land for Franklin Park in 1911. A swimming pool and lodge were added in 1919, and tennis courts were removed in 1956 to make way for a playground. Franklin Park was renamed as a memorial to Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in June, 1969.
- City: Grand Rapids
- State: MI
- Zip: 49506
- Address: 1200 Franklin Ave SE